An open invitation to all
Mason’s Day at Strawberry Banke
July 9, 2011
Mark your calendars ! The Strawbery Banke Museum and the Grand Lodge of New Hampshire F&AM will host a day of family fun and entertainment in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on Saturday July 9th 10am to 4 pm. Some Highlights of the Day are:
Tim Sample, New England’s premiere native humorist will perform two shows at Mason’s Day. Called by CBS’s Charles Kuralt “Maine’s Humorist Laureate”, Tim has had people rolling with laughter from coast to coast. As novelist Stephen King observed “Tim Sample is funny if you are from Augusta, Maine, he is just as funny if you are from Augusta, Georgia” Tim has been a regular correspondent to CBS News for over a decade and a regular essayist on CBS Sunday Morning.
He is well known from the Bert and I recordings, an award winning and million selling author. Tim Sample is a one man Humor factory. Tim will join us at the cookout and looks forward to meeting you.
Puppet Man Dan
Dan Grady and his magical marionettes will entertain and delight throughout the day. The marionettes will magnificently strut their stuff. They will roller skate, walk tightropes and dance to spirited music and song.
The Portsmouth Police K-9 Unit
The Portsmouth Police K - 9 unit will be on hand to demonstrate a contraband search as well as a fugitive apprehension. They will answer questions about their unit from the guests.
Other activities on the day include:
- The Rainbow Girls will perform a flag ceremony and do face painting for the children
- Balloon Beth will be on hand to demonstrate her art of “Bending Air”
- The NH C.H.I.P.s program is a child identification program. Parents can have crucial records of their children made for use if the unthinkable happens. All material is given to the parents for safekeeping.
- A cookout will be served at lunchtime and, as is everything this day,
free and open to the public.
- The Shriners Mini-Kar Patrol will display their famous vehicles and explain the great work done by the Shriner’s Burn and Orthopaedic Centers for Children.
- J&J Ponies will be providing pony rides. Their trained staff and our “Wild West” props will provide opportunities for photos of your children to cherish for a lifetime.
- The Strawbery Banke Museum and William Pitt Tavern will be open for a look into the daily life of our ancestors.
As this is written there are other events being added. For up to date information go to the facebook page Mason’s Day at Strawbery Banke This day is open and free of charge to Masons and their families.
The general public is cordially invited and need only pay the usual museum entry. All other events are Free and open to the public.
We hope to see you there for “A wicked good time Chummy”
Dont forget to Add Strawberry Banke to your Facebok by Clicking Here.